Okay, so you are probably wondering why I am posting a picture of this beautiful basket. Well, there's actually a funny story behind it (a little embarrassing at the time, but I can actually laugh at it now). Anyway, I take Kate into the AF Hospital every 2-weeks for some blood work. I took her in today and let me preface.....I have never had a problem when it comes to watching blood being drawn. For crying out loud, I watched Kate get her blood drawn almost every day while she was in the hospital. Well, for some reason, the lab tech was having a hard time finding a good vein. She poked Kate at least 3 or 4 times. I just stood by Kate holding her hands trying to calm her down. After about a half hour, I started feeling a little weak and light-headed. The next thing I knew, I was lying on the floor with cold towels on my forehead with numerous people standing over me. The worst part was that I had thrown up during the incident. Could it get any worse than this??? I think the hospital personnel felt sorry for me, so when leaving they gave me this basket full of candles, lotions, a picture frame, etc. It was so sweet. Needless to say, they were finally successful at getting Kate's blood, but I am dreading having to go back in 2-weeks. So, that was my eventful moment of the day!!!
Tuesday, October 09, 2007
Never a dull moment....
Okay, so you are probably wondering why I am posting a picture of this beautiful basket. Well, there's actually a funny story behind it (a little embarrassing at the time, but I can actually laugh at it now). Anyway, I take Kate into the AF Hospital every 2-weeks for some blood work. I took her in today and let me preface.....I have never had a problem when it comes to watching blood being drawn. For crying out loud, I watched Kate get her blood drawn almost every day while she was in the hospital. Well, for some reason, the lab tech was having a hard time finding a good vein. She poked Kate at least 3 or 4 times. I just stood by Kate holding her hands trying to calm her down. After about a half hour, I started feeling a little weak and light-headed. The next thing I knew, I was lying on the floor with cold towels on my forehead with numerous people standing over me. The worst part was that I had thrown up during the incident. Could it get any worse than this??? I think the hospital personnel felt sorry for me, so when leaving they gave me this basket full of candles, lotions, a picture frame, etc. It was so sweet. Needless to say, they were finally successful at getting Kate's blood, but I am dreading having to go back in 2-weeks. So, that was my eventful moment of the day!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
Marcae I am so sorry, that is totally something that would happen to me. So funny huh. I love you. YOur doing so good with Kate, but you were probably jealous and wanted to be a patient for once uh, . I love you and so does your father in heaven. Love Tami Lee
I am sorry...but that one takes the cake...I had a good laugh! Way to be a good sport!
That is so funny i could not stop laughing when i read this. I hope that dose not happen to me i take peyton in all the time too. I am so sorry though I am glad you got a gift out of it.
Oh my gosh, I am so glad you are ok--that would have been the worst nightmare!
That is so sweet of the hospital to give you the basket!
P.S. Cute new wallpaper on your blog
Marcae promise me that the next time they have to stick Kate more than 2 times you ask for another tech to come and do it! Sometimes they just stink and a new person can find a vein right away. The basket was well deserved.
Marc, I can't believe this happened! I would totally be with you on the floor, I get queasy just THINKING of watching blood being drawn. I'm glad you're OK. What a nice hospital to give you a basket of treats!
I hope your okay! I hate blood too! That's too funny.
How embarressing! But it's time that you get some pampering... even if it is in some ways that you'd rather not get it. How nice of the staff. Glad you can laugh about it now. Word of advice for next time... don't lock out your knees, breathe, and don't watch, just concentrate on Kate. Same thing happened to me when Dax had to get stitches. I love watching ER shows, and surgery shows... but when its your own child... different story. I feel for you.
My sister's husband passed out in the emergency room while he was watching her get a cyst drained. I think it's worse when a football lovin' underground miner passes out. They didn't do anything for him though, he just woke up on the floor and had to get up, no lotion, no basket, no love.
(linked here through Miranda)
Oh Marcae what an experience!!!After everything you have been through it takes a needle for you to pass out. Is Kate doing well? Heheheh I loved Tamis comment, thats my sister.
Post a Comment