Thursday, October 18, 2007

My very own original Vermont Teddy Bear....


Kate has 2-sets of wonderful grandparents, who love her very much (and tend to spoil her just a little bit). Grandma and Grandpa Roper vacation in Vermont every year (I must admit....I am a little jealous). This year Grandpa brought Kate back this darling little Vermont Teddy Bear. Thanks Grandma & Grandpa!!!

This week has been a little stressful, but we finally made it through it. On Friday, Kate started having seizures. She continued having them through the weekend and we couldn't figure out why she was having them, especially because she has been on medication. We met with her Cardiologist and Neurologist and figured they were set off by a combination of things. Kate had been constipated (yeah....not fun ) for a couple of days which caused the medication to not be absorbed efficiently. Also, she has continued to pack on the pounds and is near 21 pounds, which would require a higher dose of her medication. We also stopped one of her meds last week which got her electrolytes off balance. So, the combination of these things caused these seizures to come back. She has been doing so much better now!!!
Today we met with the surgeon who placed her G-Tube and I am happy to say that it is healed to the point that we can start using it (after 2 months...it's about time). So, we gladly removed the feeding tube from her nose. This is a huge step and is going to make our lives much easier.

We are so grateful for the progress Kate has been making. She is so much more active and just acts like she feels better. She is so much fun and we look forward to her continuing to progress.

4 comments:

Kaydee said...

Kate always looks so darling!! You guys are always in my thoughts.

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

I'm so glad to hear that Kate is doing much better than she was earlier in the week. I love the Vermont Teddy Bear! Kate is a lucky girl and soooooooo cute!!

The Hawaiian Howells said...

Marcae, kate looks so happy you can really see a difference in her face. I am so happy her tube is working you will love it. By the way you look gorgeous I love your hair.PS-let get together.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that they figured out what was going on. That scared me to death. Love the cute white cream sweater!! Might need to go get me one of those!! I must admit that I am also very jealous of your parents. I have never been to New England in the fall.