Friday, November 23, 2007

A Day To Be Thankful......Thankful I'm not 30 yet!!!

T H E B I G 2 9!!!
Yes, today I celebrated #29. I guess that means I have 1 more year to celebrate my 20's....and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it. The funny thing is that the closer I get to turning 30, the more I feel like 20. I guess that's a good thing??? I had a really great birthday though. In fact, I have the most wonderful, thoughtful husband I know. This morning Bryan had arranged for me to get a massage & pedicure at Remedez (perhaps the BEST salon). When I got home, he had gotten Kate bathed and ready (minus the hair being curled), cleaned the house and did the laundry. Now why is it so hard for me to accomplish all of that in one day, let alone in a couple of hours??? Bryan definitely makes a great "Mr. Mom." Later that night, he had asked his mom (thanks Grandma) to come and watch Kate while we had dinner at my favorite restaurant, Chef's Table. I have to say, this was one of the best birthday's I have had. Life doesn't get any sweeter than this!

THANKSGIVING 2 0 0 7
This year we spent Thanksgiving with the Rosenvall's. We had dinner at John & Michelle's (Bryan's brother) and what a FEAST it was. We started a tradition a couple years ago to get together the night before Thanksgiving for "Pie Night." It seems like we eat so much on Thanksgiving day that when it's time for pie, we are all too full. So, this way we enjoy the pies beforehand. It's been a fun tradition to keep alive. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!


Michelle & I wanted to start the day off right and go for a walk before the big feast began!

The table was set so beautifully.

Michelle is your everyday Martha Stewart!

Abriel was so excited to show off her "Kater Bugs" Masterpiece!

"Giddy-Up Horsey!!!"

11 comments:

Lacey said...

Happy Birthday Marcae! I'm such a loser. On Thursday night I kept telling myself...call Marcae tomorrow. Yesterday, Maddy was such a little stinker....cried all day long and would only sleep if I was holding her. I'm soooo glad you had such a great day! We need to celebrate again when I get home! That's such a great idea about eating pie the night before.

John Roylance said...

Happy B-Day

Jodi Leishman said...

Happy 29th Birthday!! Mike celebrated his 40th on Thanksgiving - poor guy!

The Hawaiian Howells said...

happy b-day marcae you look so young, you would think you were tweny but then talking to you makes you so mature and grown up. I bet when you turn 40 you will look 30, so that is a plus of looking young. that was so nice of bryan tell him i am proud of him. ps- kate looks like she is getting so close to sitting up how fun!!!!!!!!

Tami and Kaleo said...

Marcae happy birthday I love that you got a "Fantasy Day" is what i call them, that is what i want kaleo and I to give each other for christmas, but wait he gets fantasy dates all the time, j/k. You look beautiful. Check out my blog i updated it and you are going tolaugh so hard. Love Tami

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Marcae! Isn't it weird to get older? I often forget my age and when I say it out loud, I can't believe I am so close to 30--crazy, because, like you, I don't feel close to 30!

Looks like Thanksgiving was a blast!! Love the pics!

kacee said...

Happy Birthday! I would have never thought you were turning 29 but I am right there with you on getting lots done before the big 30 comes (I am a couple months ahead of you)- maybe we can compare lists and knock a couple things off!

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving, I love the Pie Night idea - might have to steal it!

Yay for sweet, thoughtful and helpful husbands too!

The Faddis Family said...

Happy Bday! I hope I feel the same way about my 29th bday as you do... feeling more like 20. Sounds like you were spoiled. I always wonder how my husband can be so much more productive than I as well when he is here with the kids. Maybe if I didn't have to do it day after day, it wouldn't seem so monautnous- and therefore Id be able to accomplish more. Anyways, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your little family! I love your pie tradition... maybe I'll have to mention that to my family.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! You are so wise in your young age. No really you handle things with such graciousness and class. You are the cutest. Glad you had a great day--you deserve it.

The Dumas Family said...

Way to go, Bryan! Thanks for taking care of my friend!!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday - you deserve it.

Terri said...

Marcae Happy Birthday, Iam so glad you were born. :) If I was a really good friend I might have all the birthdays of the people I care about. But since I cant even remember my nieces and nephews I wont win. Love your Christmas picture....you look so dang hot!