Saturday, January 26, 2008

Big vs. BIGGER!!!

1-week before Kate was born.....



.... Yup, still have 12 more weeks!

Okay.....so I have admit that this pregnancy has been pretty smooth (very little nausea, decent energy level, etc.). However.....I have had a GINORMOUS (sp?) appetite lately. And, it doesn't help that I have been eating out 2 out of 3 meals a day!!! So, that has weighed me down (literally). So, I decided to take a picture and compare it to when I was pregnant with Kate and see if I am as big as I feel. Well, that picture proved to be true. I took this picture last night and compared it to a picture I took at Kate's baby shower 1-week before I delivered. I try not to weigh myself during pregnancy (I don't even like to look at the scale at the Dr's office). But, after seeing this picture I was a little curious. Let's just say.....it's not pretty. I have already surpassed what I gained with Kate and I still have 3 MORE MONTHS to go. Many people warned me that the 2nd pregnancy is much different from the 1st and I'm starting to believe it!!! I have a feeling this is going to be one BIG baby girl!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marcae you are beautiful no matter what the size. I actually don't gain anything my last three months and my size really doesn't change much so you just need to pull out your pictures and compare the difference with Kate in the last three months. I think I hit freak out mode, with the help of my sweet doctor, "You can push away from the table before you're full." Just keep loving those two sweet little girls of yours and you'll get back to teensy-tiny once she comes. You look great by the way!!

Anonymous said...

I think you look great! I am SOOOO hungry right now too! I keep telling myself to stop eating or I will gain too much (hmm, sounds like you are going through the same thing...)

What a sweet ward you live in. I am happy to hear they love and take care of you guys!

The Hawaiian Howells said...

That is funny, I think you look so cute! Dont worry though I gained 60lb with carson and I lost it all in 5 months. I think you look so cute though and you do not look big to me at all just a beautiful pregnant lady. I love you and keep your head up we know its worth it.

Candace said...

You look darling! I can't believe how fast your pregnancy has gone by. I have 8 more weeks from tomorrow! I can't wait to get rid of this tummy. It makes it very difficult to tie my own shoes. LOL!

Fritzsche's said...

I don't think you are nearly as big as you think. You seriously still look small and not far to go til it's all over so you still have room to grow. Believe me I know how you are feeling only I can't compare to last time because I was huge. I'll have to take a picture and compare too. Love ya.

Dana Marchant said...

You look adorable! Still stylish and constantly on the go!! Enjoy the extra dessert now while you don't feel so guilty! Baby loves it all.

kacee said...

I think you look adorable and I know several people{me included} that would love to look as cute as you when pregnant - just enjoy it! I tend to think the cubby babies are much cuter too!

The Dumas Family said...

I think you're hot, like always. I got bigger with Grayden and carried him way out front. The cool thing about it is when people see you after you've had the baby (regardless if you've lost the weight yet), they say, "you look great, you're so tiny". I think the bigger you get while you're pregnant the better everyone thinks you look after. The truth of it is, they just don't remember what you looked like before you got pregnant because you're pregnant for so long they only remember that. (I'm not sure if that makes any sense, but it is kind of nice to hear how tiny you are after you've had a gigantic baby.) Don't stress about the weight, it comes off even faster with the 2nd one cuz you have 2 to wrangle and you forget to eat sometimes. Just remember, you will always look better than I did with Laney :0) That was a freak show. You need to keep introducing brownies & sweets to her so you can bribe her with them later....that's being a GREAT mom! HAHAHA!

The Faddis Family said...

You are a beautiful pregnant. Me... I feel like I get big all over. How I carried my weight when I was prego was different with both my kiddos. But... I will say this... it's harder to lose the second time around... and Im sure even harder after 3. I exercise, and watch what I eat... and my belly doesn't seem to budge. I keep telling Jared... "I lost my butt, and gained a gut!" I am losing weight, but its in all the wrong places. Oh well... they are worth it. Don't worry about the weight until after you have delivered. It's more important to make sure the baby is getting everything it needs. You still look small to me.

Lacey said...

You look great! Marcae if you want to make yourself feeling better...I'll just email you a picture of me and it was my 1st! Can you imagine what my 2nd will look like. I've got a sinus infection, but will call you when I'm feeling better. Do you think we will ever get together?

sweet pickles said...

For what it's worth, I think you're pretty much the cutest pregnant person of all time.