Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Get Well Soon, Kate!!!

We feel so lucky to be surrounded by such amazing friends and neighbors. A couple of nights ago, we came home and to our surprise, we had an envelope full of these sweet "get well" cards from some of the kids in our ward. I was so touched by all these sweet messages. Through the many things we have experienced over the past 18-months, I have learned so many valuable life lessons. I've always felt that it is easier to be on the giving end of service, rather than the receiving. We have been shown many kind acts of service and I sometimes feel guilty for my inability to "re-pay" everyone back. However, I have seen how this has greatly blessed my life and hope that in the future, I can give back to others in need. A good friend of mine once said to me that the Lord gives us opportunities to serve others not only to bless the lives of those being served, but also to bless our own lives. So, by allowing others to serve us......it is allowing those serving to receive blessings.
Mr. Froggy is always a great pal to have around!
I love this picture of Kate

8 comments:

Lacey said...

She looks so good!! It's so great to see not so many tubes all around her! What a trooper you are Kate! I'm so happy to hear that you are coming home soon! Maddy misses you too! Love Ya

Fritzsche's said...

I too love that picture of Kate. She does look like she is doing so much better. I know it is hard to be on the receiving end of service but you are so right, they need those blessings as much as you need that service. Good for you for humbly excepting all you deserve. I wish I could do more for you also but never know what I can do. Anyway know that you are always in my prayers.

Candace said...

I love her hair and I love how you always have bows or ribbons in it! She looks good and I hope she continues to get well!

Anonymous said...

I read your blog faithfully and wish there was something more we could be doing. You are always in our thoughts and prayers :)

kacee said...

oh, she is so sweet! I love that picture too!

Angee said...

Speaking of service, President Spencer W. Kimball said, "One of the most important and rewarding ways in which we can serve our fellowmen is by living and sharing the principles of the gospel." If only you could see how many people you are serving by your amazing example of strength, humility, endurance, prayer, and love of the Lord.

He also said, "Service to others deepens and sweetens this life while we are preparing to live in a better world." I liked that. :)

Thank you for your service. If there is anything the Drapers can do to help, please let us know. You guys are awesome!

The Hawaiian Howells said...

so cute marcae i love seeing the updates on kate. I love you guys so much and have great respect for you and bryan. I love those pics of kate too. It is nice to see your children calm and peacefull when it seems like they are always going through hard times. It is nice to know that they remember the good ones and forget the bad ones.

Jodi Leishman said...

We're so glad to see Kate is doing better. She looks great!

P.S. I love your new blog look. :)