Kate and I have been staying with Grandma and Grandpa Roper for the past 2 1/2 weeks while Bryan was in South America. We had such a great time in Fillmore, but it is nice to be back. I was worried how Kate was going to adjust to a new environment, but she did great. We only had a few mishaps. The first couple of days we were there, Kate's oxygen levels and heart rate seemed to drop below normal levels. It made me a little concerned that it had something to do with her heart, so I ended up bringing her up to American Fork for some tests. After an EKG and a chest x-ray, it showed that Kate had a little pneumonia.......great! So, she was put on Amoxicillin. We were also sent a holter test to monitor Kate's heart for 24-hours. We don't have the results back from the test, but her congestion is gone she seems to be feeling much better. She's doing so well with her feedings. She is now over 16 lbs. We've started to ween her off breast milk (yes.....all that pumping has paid off) and are just giving her straight formula, which she really likes. Oh....she is also soooo close to sucking her thumb. It's so funny watching her try and keep her thumb in her mouth.
It's so nice having Bryan home. It was quite a trip for him, but he had a great time. They visited many countries including Brazil, Argentina and Peru. All in all, they took 17 different flights. He was definitely jet-lagged by the time he got home. This trip was a foreign business excursion he took with his MBA group. He has 1 more class, which will end on June 28 and will graduate in August. We are so glad to finally (almost) have him DONE!!! I have to say, it's not been the easiest thing having him in school and working full-time, but it has definitely been worth it. I have included some of the pictures from his trip. Also, he brought Kate back some fun things including this Inca doll.
Monday, June 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












1 comment:
I'm glad that we are both finally home!! Now we can catch up with lunch and start going to 7 peaks and the gym!
Post a Comment